January 16, 2013

Seoul Edition : The Book Society

January 16, 2013





The Book Society - HongDae/Seoul
If it's possible, i'd like to have a quaint little shop just like The Book Society. I'll sell nothing but zines - zine of funny propaganda, zines of extended heartache and longing, zines of fascination and lampoons. They can be the most ordinary of things - of flowers, of cats, of trees, or stranger's backs; they'll all have a space one place, one day, in a little shop filled with people's tiny thoughts.

That's would be nice.

At meantime, I'll try my hand at making a zine... one day, one day. It can't be hard, right? Maybe one day, I'll find my little world condensed into zine form in a little shop somewhere, maybe here, waiting for curious guests to find it stacked amongst it's many shelves after hours of browsing and when
they stumble upon it they'll go

"Oh!".

That's exactly what my experience at The Book Society. An inspiring little place - a little whimsical and it's easy to get lost in. I spent a good hour browsing through their extensive collection and came home happily with the first issue of AVEC.


Mapo-gu, Seoul
Hapjeong 371-4102
(alight at Hapjeong Station, Exit 7, walk down Seungil-gil, turn left at 2nd alley)



Tiffany▲

2 comments:

  1. This is a cute look book store! I have seen zines before and wanted to make one myself... love them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! it's quite a quaint little place! :) Are any similar zine shops in Melbourne?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...