January 2, 2013

Drinks on me

January 2, 2013

Hand-dripped Latte at Alice&Dorothy (Hongdae/Seoul)
Drinks at Maison Ikkoku 
Tea (& new specs!) at Henry Congressional on it's last day of operation


Happy new year lovelies! Sorry for the short hiatus. The whole of December was split between exams, birthday preparations for my man and a long, snowy holiday in Korea. 

1) 
Korea has a really strong coffee-drinking culture. There are so many coffee houses everywhere in the city! It's been said that Alice&Dorothy has the best hand-dripped coffee in Seoul.....but I was pretty disappointed. Which was such a waste since it's such a nice little cafe! A more detailed post up soon!

2)
Had a drink at Maison Ikkoku on new year's eve before heading out for the annual firework outing. I really like that place. It could be the false sense of intimacy that the no-menu principle brings - the bartender concocts a unique blend according to your tastes and safe to say, the drinks were really palatable. Or, it could be the odd emptiness during my hour of visit, or the dim lighting that seemed perfect for a little swirl of the wine glass and candidness.

3)
2012 was the year I learnt to drink tea. I thank the English weather for leading me down that path and pssst, i'll make a little confession - I'll pick tea over coffee anytime. I hope to be drinking tea (or coffee) with more people this year! 



Getting my blogging momentum back!
Tiffany ✌

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...