January 6, 2013

Hair care update: Garnier Neril Anti-dandruff shampoo saves the day!

January 6, 2013

Last July, I wrote a post about my dandruff problem and a possible shampoo that I thought would solve my problem. The Dermaveen Oatmeal shampoo, albeit super-duper nice smelling and left my hair light and clean, did not solve the problem. I continued to have dry flakes, mostly concentrating on the top of my skull and forehead.

But now, about 6 months later, I come back with some good news. I have possibly found a shampoo worth raving about for my scalp condition. I don't suffer from an overly oily scalp and I would say I have a 'combination-type' scalp. It is occasionally more oily and on some days it is dry (and gets even flakier). I have been using this particular shampoo for a few months now and am onto my second bottle. To tell the truth, it works. My hair is (I would say) more than 90% clear of dandruff (not that I had a severe problem in the first place).

My miracle shampoo is....(cues drumroll)...

The Garnier Neril hair treatment SHAMPOO ANTI-DANDRUFF shield in frequent usage.



The shampoo comes in a 200ml bottle, quite little for a frequent-wash shampoo, but I guess it adds to the credibility and pow-wow factor. It surprisingly lathers quite easily and has a slightly medicated scent to it. It does not, however, leave me with the most luxuriously silky hair but nothing a little conditioner won't fix! Now that my scalp is much more stable, I tend to deviate shampoos once every two days (so I don't use it up as fast!).

It comes also in a tonic form to up the game to the next level. Garnier Neril also does a hair fall series so don't get mixed up by the similar packaging!

I'm so glad to have chanced upon it while browsing through the Venus Beauty nearby, and purchased it at SGD5.50 for a 200ml bottle. If you're in Singapore, and want to try it, check it out at the various supermarkets/Watson's/Guardian/Venus Beauty!

Hope this helps!

cheers,
HL

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I think Garnier stopped production of the Neril series. Cannot find it anymore from Fairprice, Guardian, Watsons, Swansons etc.
    I have been using their Hair Fall shampoo and tonic for decades. Now I have to start trying other brands for suitability :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there :)

    The good news is that I still find the Neril series (both hair fall and dandruff) at the Venus Beauty shop in AMK central, and it was stocked within the past 6 months. Perhaps you can try to find it at the Venus Beauty near you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dandruff shampoo. Works effectively against dandruff. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...