January 12, 2013

Etude House: Baking Powder Cleansing Foam Moist / Holika Holika Baby Bloom Foundation

January 12, 2013

I finally ran out of my huge bottle of Philosophy 3-in-1 facial cleanser, and honestly it was quite average for me. And so I went on a facial cleanser hunt on Qoo10, formally Gmarket Sg! If you are in Asia and have no idea what is Qoo10, here's a clue.

Recently, I'm quite into Korean/Japanese cosmetics and skincare and I somehow feel that they suit our asian skin better (and they are more affordable!). Searching through pages and pages of Korean brands from the trusty seller – World Cosmetics, I decided to try these two items.

Etude House Baking Power Cleansing Foam Moist and the Holika Holika Baby Bloom Foundation in 02. I received two sachets of Etude House Milk Talk body wash in 'Choco'.

Etude House Baking Power Cleansing Foam Moist


I have heard from beauty YouTubers about the powder of baking powder as a gentle and effective exfoliator and I was so excited when I came across this product! There were many highly recommended reviews on the item site and I had to get it. I got myself the Moist version, which comes in a pretty peachy pink tube (as compared to the normal version which is a blue tube) of 150ml. That is a lot of product! Another thing that I like is the light fresh scent that reminds me of Gatsby products.

The product creates quite a dense foam, which I think gives a good clean into the pores.


I am a week into using this and so far so good! I was having breakouts on my cheeks probably due to the excessive eating of festive goodies >< and I feel that this leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean but not totally striped of moisture. I also have been using the Hada Labo hydrating lotion after!



Cost: SGD10.60 inclusive of shipping from Korea
Price in Etude House outlets in Singapore, definitely higher, at SGD16.90!

Next up! Holika Holika Baby Bloom Foundation with SPF 30 PA++

What caught my attention when I first saw it was: Oh wow, it's in a big bottle. This foundation, costing SGD15.40 contained 45ml of product. That is quite a bit for foundation! I quickly swatched it and it smelt like....BABY. Baby powder to be exact :S It's not an off-putting smell to me but it could be a little strong for others. The smell fades off relatively quickly.




The consistency of this product is likened to a BB-cream – not too fluid and more 'gel-like'. The darker option #02 is still too light for my complexion, and so I use half a pump of this and the other my Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (which I felt was a little too dark as it oxidises).

This foundation when used on its own, is quite thick and hard to spread around the face especially if you have a dry complexion. It works best over a well-moisturized face. Coverage-wise, it has quite a medium to high one. I love that it has SPF 30 PA++ which means I can use a moisturizer without SPF in it when I like!

Overall I am enjoying this foundation when I mix around with other ones as it is too light for me :( However, it does not leave my face too dewy and yet not too matte. Will update as I use more of it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...