March 19, 2013

Review: PALTY Bubble foaming hair dye - NAMACHOCO WAFFLE

March 19, 2013

After a couple of years of ditching the DIY hair dyes, I came back to it once more. I've never had a real great experience with DIY hair dye before to be honest. It was either too brown for my liking, or did not have a real effect. The latter was the case of my most recent attempt, with the DIY PALTY Bubble foaming hair dye. Foaming hair dyes are all the craze right now with the easy and fun application, which makes it more than a novelty factor.

I was looking for a dark chocolate brown to even out my hair colour (I've not dyed my hair for more than half a year), nothing too extravagant. There were many brands that were competing across the shelves and the Palty ones stood out to me as being firstly, Japanese (or Asian), it had a middle-price range, and it foams.

I purchased the dye at S$16.20 at Watson's. 


Here is a closer look at the Palty foaming hair dye in NAMACHOCO WAFFLE. The foam was fairly easy to create and apply. Unlike its beautylabo counterpart with a lid to shake the solution (to form the foam), the Palty one only had a cup and a paddle with many holes in it to whip it up to a foam. I wouldn't say it is terribly troublesome or difficult, in fact it was very quick and quite fun.

Put on your gloves, pour the developing liquid (bottle) into the cup and squeeze in the whole of the colour tube as well. Use the paddle to stir the mixture and it quickly becomes foam. Do it until it reaches the line in the inside of the cup. When it has hit the mark, you're ready to dye! I sectioned my hair into 2 - 3 parts and started dying. After 20-30 minutes, I rinsed everything out. The smell of ammonia did not hit me until the product was on my head and was fairly tolerable compared to some other brands that I have tried. 

Here are the results:
To be honest, I'm not so much impressed. The colour was subtle but did not resemble much to the one on the box. I did make sure every part of my hair is covered and massaged the dye in as much as I could. The lower areas of my hair that were already coloured were still lighter than the rest, but the difference is much more gradual (thank goodness). As with hair dye, the colour changes after a week or so. If there is any difference in colour, I'll be sure to update!

Oh yes, one plus point. I LOVE the leave in conditioner that comes with the dye (yellow sachet). LOVE. Why don't they sell it separately? 


<3
HL

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the conditioner too! :) makes my hair very softy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...