July 29, 2012

Recent purchases: Daiso, MUJI, Sleek, Heavy Rotation

July 29, 2012

Purchases from Daiso, Heavy Rotation, Sleek, MUJI, Essence
Purchases from Daiso, Heavy Rotation, Sleek, MUJI, Essence

It was quite a cathartic relieve to be shopping for cheap, discounted beauty products. Gratification sure if high buying so many things and not spending too much.

Picked up Sleek's Suede blush from undertwenty's flea market stand at SCAPE yesterday afternoon and was surprisingly given a freebie (Napoleon Perdis Pigment)! I have been wanting to get my hands on Suede after watching Beautycrush do her Rita Ora tutorial.


Sleek Suede Blush
Sleek Suede Blush


Suede is a matte nude-peachy colour, an earthy blush. I have no blush similar to this and am pretty excited to start using it!

The other Sleek blush that I own is the ever popular Rose Gold one. I was pretty impressed by the pigmentation and amount of product in it. Each blush contains 8g of product! The size of the mirror also impresses me. It is nonetheless a very 'compact' compact, the design of it wastes no space and perhaps helps with its competitive prices.

Bought from undertwenty for S$12.

MUJI Light Toning Water
MUJI Light Toning Water


Have been finding a cheaper and easily available alternative to MAC's Fix plus. Have been reading around how water and glycerin will make a good dupe, and someone actually recommended MUJI's light toning water. I have decanted some of the product into a Daiso spray bottle. Let's see how that works! Really pretty and sleek bottle (actually for men but whatever), and costing S$13 for 200ml. That's so much product for the price! 

Heavy Rotation Gel Liner
Heavy Rotation Gel Liner
Heavy Rotation Gel Liner
Heavy Rotation Gel Liner
Heavy Rotation Gel Liner, a much quietly celebrated product in Singapore. Got introduced this by Fitrina and have been itching to try it. I haven't used a gel liner for quite some time and now is probably time to give it another go.

Heavy Rotation is yet another Japanese make up brand that came to Singapore Watson's. It carries pencil, liquid and gel liners and also beautiful nude lip glosses.

I have tried the Clinique gel liner here and there. However, it tends to smudge under my eyelids in the humid, sunny and warm Singapore. Really detest smudging and that's probably the reason I stayed true to the Dollywink liquid liner or the Kiss Me Heroine Make liquid liner. Hopefully the Heavy Rotation one will make me love gel liners! Stay tuned for a review!

Napoleon perdis loose dust 38
Napoleon Perdis Loose dust pigment #38

This was a freebie that came with the Sleek blush! I actually picked this colour as it really reminded me of MAC's Club eyeshadow. It is a duo-chrome brown and metallic green/blue. Its gorgeous to look at from the container and is a pain to dabble with. It flies absolutely everywhere as with pigment and loose dusts and glitter. Sadly, when I swatched it, the brown didn't come out. It was an extremely light dusting of power when used dry. However, when I used the MUJI toner as a solvent, the colour came out much much better. This product must be used wet, or over a cream, MUST.

Daiso purchases


My Daiso buys: 50pc bobby pins and a grey brow pencil. I've begin to draw my brows as I notice it disappears in photos. This is a perfectly working product that's very affordable. For just S$2, you get a compact with an inch length of product.

Essence C'est la vie! Nail polish
Essence C'est la vie! Nail polish
Last but not least, is Essence's quick drying nail polish in C'est la vie! This is a perfect nail colour for Summer. It is a bright peachy pink colour (photo has gone a bit too orange). At S$2.80, its really affordable and great on the nails. It has a gel-ish colour and finish but I had to do three coats for a truly opaque colour. I'm excited to get more polishes from Essence!

Essence is available at the Watson's in Ngee Ann City.

What a long post! Once again, I love getting new stuff (new cheap ones ><) and had great fun shopping for these items!

Thanks for reading!

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...