August 11, 2012

My current favourite accessories?

August 11, 2012

I'm not such a big fan of accessories. I do more than occasionally find myself buying pretty little trinkets but I hardly do wear them (which is a waste of money). However, one accessory is quite essential every time I head out – my shades. I have photo-sensitivity and if I'm not careful, bright afternoon light mostly give me a headache that lasts through the day. Wearing shades help me with this!

My Ray Ban... knockoffs. HAHA. Ok I know I shouldn't be supporting the imitation industry and all that but I had sort of an excuse to get it. I bought it during my Ho Chi Minh trip. The sun was blaring and everything was sort of bright and irritating. Vietnamese selling racks of knockoffs are EVERYWHERE and I just got one in the popular market in the city centre. I got it for 60,000 dong (S$3).

I was looking for a pair of tortoise shell shades but not necessarily branded. A no brand was fine too but I didn't come across one, sadly.  Quality-wise, it's good. It feels well made and quite sturdy. Best buy in HCM.

Next up, a classic Casio watch. I have gotten this watch from Amazon.com. It's just the simplest, casual yet elegant time-telling device you can have, what's more, it's affordable.
Before settling for this watch, I was very extremely tempted to purchase a Nixon Kensington watch in Taupe. It was sold out everywhere, and rather pricey. I guess I made a fairly good decision (the Casio is 1/10 of the price).

Last but not least is these pair of ear studs from Forever21. They are simple with a tinge of sophistication, a perfect match to omph up a casual outfit or to pair with a dressier one. I'm no fashionista, so this kind of simple ear accessory is kinda the fail-proof ones I dare wear. They cost S$5, which I think is quite fair for this pair. Perhaps it's time to stop being lazy and wear more ear studs/earrings! :)



As you can see I'm not so much of an accessories kinda girl, probably because I'm so lazy, and forgetful (I misplace a lot of my stuff). Heh, nonetheless I'm gonna try to wear them more often.

Cheers,
HL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...