March 8, 2012

Review: EYEKO Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

March 8, 2012

eyeko SKINNY liquid liner

Liquid eyeliner by Eyeko. Featuring a long-lasting pigmented formula, the eyeliner has a pen style nib, ensuring for an easy application, allowing you to create thick feline flicks and thin defined lines for a smudge-proof finish.
How much does it retail for: Not too sure, you can buy it from people’s park complex level 3?
How much did I pay it for: 10 pounds from ASOS.com
Where did I get it/where can I get it: ASOS.com, I’m not sure if the EYEKO in Singapore carries the SKINNY liner anymore, I think it is being discontinued and replaced by the Graffitti liner. I could be wrong.
What I feel about it: I first heard of the brand Eyeko from the Youtube beauty gurus from UK and thought, what a unique looking brand. It goes sort of cartoony and the logo looks like a guitar pick. ASOS.com had a discount and so I took the plunge, bought the thing and waited for it to be shipped over (a long 2-weeks wait). I used to think the liquid liner look doesn’t suit me. I’m the all-kohl-all-smudge kinda girl. In fact, it took a while to make my drawn liquid line, straight.
Packaging: It has a silver pen-like packaging with simple words and design.
Scent: Smells like a liquid liner
Texture/Payoff: An intense black liner that is slightly shiny when set. The felt brush makes it easy for amateurs to have better control. After feeling more comfortable with a liquid liner, I wish it was just ever so slightly thinner for a more precise, near the lash-line line.
Finish: The liquid ink dries relatively quickly, leaving no chance for it to smudge onto your upper eyelid when you blink. Upon drying, the liner is budge and smudge-proof. It isn’t waterproof, so don’t depend too much on its resistance to unforeseen circumstances. However, as it is not waterproof, a water-based makeup remover easily removes it.
eyeko SKINNY liquid liner
Rating: 3.7/5
Other thoughts: After using a few times, I noticed dried ink stains on the neck of the liner. Not sure where all those ink came from, but sure is a little waste! I had used the eyeliner on and off for about 3-4 months. It has already dried a little, just like when your marker pens run out of ink. Would have liked it more if it lasts longer and has a more flexible and thinner nib.
Stay tune for my Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner review!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...